Pets are allowed with prior management permission. In order to make sure all of our guests feel comfortable, the following pet policies are strictly enforced:
- Pets must be registered at check in. Pet charge $15 per pet per night. No more than 2 pets allowed per room; 80 pounds total or call. Pets are allowed at the discretion of management.
- Pets must be attended at all times – or be crated in an airline-approved crate. Owners must be available by cell phone to return immediately if their pet is causing any problems.
- Pets outside must be on a 6-foot leash held by a human in control of the animal at all times. Flexi leashes must be locked at a length no longer than 6 feet.
- Pets may not be tied out or allowed to run loose at any time.
- No barking or other aggressive behavior toward other guests or pets is allowed.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds. Dogs must be housebroken; we do not allow indoor pee-pee pads.
- Pets are not allowed behind the motel units, on the stairs to the water, along the stone wall garden, on the south half of the property, including the south waterfront (to the right of the dock) and by the pavilion. The north waterfront and north meadow are available to pets. Motel guests must use their front door ONLY with their pet(s).
- Pets must be toileted on a 6-foot leash in the designated pet areas:
-to the left of the big sign near the road, and
-in the meadow near the green dumpster.
- Guests are responsible to clean up after their pets. Please do not allow your dog to urinate on the building, trees or shrubs.
- Guests are responsible for any damage to persons or property caused by their pet:
|-Pet owners accept full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) for personal injury or property damage caused by their pet(s), and agree to make reimbursement for such damages on demand.-Pet owners agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend The Lakeside Motel & Cottages, its owners, agents and employees from any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses, (including reasonable attorneyâ€™s fees) arising out of or relating to any claim for personal injury or property damage caused by their pet.|
- If we need to clean up after your pet you will be subject to an additional cleaning charge and/or the loss of your security deposit.
- Pet owners must have a credit card authorization and/or cash security deposit on file.
- Guests and their pets not following these policies will be asked to leave without refund.